New or Significantly Altered Models
- 2009 Pontiac G3 5d
- 2009 Pontiac Solstice coupe
- The Solstice coupe is a new model featuring a fixed hatchback with a removable roof section over the occupants. Powertrain options mirror those of the roadster. A 177-bhp 2.4L four-cylinder powers base models, whereas the GXP performance model features a 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder rated at 260-bhp. Both engines can be fitted with either five-speed manual or automatic transmissions.
- 2009 Pontiac Vibe
- The second generation Vibe features a new profile with a lower roofline. The new profile results in a more aggressively styled exterior that is still instantly recognizable. All other measurements are virtually the same as the first generation model. All-wheel-drive returns to the lineup after a brief absence. Engine options include a 1.8L I4 rated at 132-bhp, and a 2.4L rated at 158-bhp powers GT and AWD models.
- 2009 Pontiac G5 Coupe
- An updated 2.2L four-cylinder with variable valve timing becomes the sole engine for the G5. The 2.4L engine has been dropped.
- 2009 Pontiac G6
- The six speed automatic can now be paired (sport 1 package) with the 2.4L four-cylinder for increased fuel economy.
- 2009 Pontiac G6 Convertible
- 2009 Pontiac G6 Coupe
- 2009 Pontiac G8
- The G8 sedan gains a GXP version powered by 402-bhp (est) 6.2L V8. Both manual and automatic transmission versions are offered. The GXP package also includes unique front and rear fascias, larger brakes and tires.
- 2009 Pontiac Solstice
- ABS and stability control become standard equipment on all models. The limited slip differential is now standard.
- 2009 Pontiac Torrent
- 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix