New or Significantly Altered Models
- 2006 Hyundai Accent
- All-new 3rd generation Accent is longer, wider and taller than the model it replaces. New 1.6L 4-cylinder produces 110hp and 107 lb-ft of torque. Transmission choices include a 5-speed manual and 4-speed automatic.
- 2006 Hyundai Azera
- All-new Azera replaces the XG in the US lineup. Sold elsewhere in the world as the Grandeur, the Azera is a large front-wheel drive sedan with a luxury-oriented appointments. A 265hp 3.8L V6 powers the Azera. A 5-speed automatic transmission is standard.
- 2006 Hyundai Sonata
- All-new Sonata is longer and taller than the previous generation. It is now classified as a large car by the EPA. The FWD Sonata is offered with either a 160hp four-cylinder engine, or a 220hp V6. The four cylinder is offered with a choice of 5-speed manual, or 4-speed automatic. The V6 is only offered with a 5-speed automatic. The Sonata is produced in a new factory in Montgomery, Alabama.
- 2006 Hyundai Elantra 4-Door
- 2006 Hyundai Elantra 5-Door
- 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe
- 2006 Hyundai Tiburon
- 2006 Hyundai Tucson