New or Significantly Altered Models
- 2005 Pontiac G6
- All-new model based on GM's global Epsilon platform. The G6 replaces the Grand Am. The only G6 offered at launch is uses a 200hp 3.5L V6 mated to a 4-speed automatic.
- 2005 Pontiac Montana SV6
- New Montana SV6 replaces the Montana in the Pontiac lineup. The SV6 is a mid-sized van with SUV styling traits to broaden its appeal. A 200 hp 3500 V6 provides power. Both FWD and AWD models are offered.
- 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix
- 290hp V8-powered GXP model added. GXP package also includes 18 in wheels, upgraded brakes and distinct styling. All Grand Prixs feature as OnStar standard. MP3-capable CD radio. Optional DVD-based navigation system. Optional dual-zone A/C. Optional remote starter.
- 2005 Pontiac GTO
- The GTO gets the 6.0L 400-hp LS2 V8 which adds 50hp and 30lb-ft. A new optional hood features twin functional air scoops. Restyle rear fascia separates the exhaust outlets to opposite sides of the car.
- 2005 Pontiac Vibe
- Restyled front end. Optional StabiliTrak. Optional leather seating.
- 2005 Pontiac Aztek
- 3 new colors.
- 2005 Pontiac Bonneville
- The SLE model picks up the tires and appearance of the GXP model but retains the 205-hp V6 of the SE model.
- 2005 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe
- The Grand Am remains 2-door GT guise only as Pontiac ramps on the all-new G6 sedan.
- 2005 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan
- The Grand Am sedan is available for fleet sales only as Pontiac ramps up on the all-new G6 sedan.
- 2005 Pontiac Montana
- The Montana will be available for a short time in long wheelbase version only as Pontiac switches over to the new Montana SV6.
- 2005 Pontiac Sunfire
- New sport appearance package featuring 16-inch chrome wheels, 205/55R16 tires, dual exhaust outlets, and custom sills. A special value package for $11,500 remains.