New or Significantly Altered Models
- 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- All-new 2005 is 5 in longer with a 3 in wider track. Standard 210hp V6 replaces inline-6. Two V8s offered, the 230hp 4.7L V8 and the 325hp 5.7L HEMI (R) V8. Rack-and-pinion steering is added. Grand Cherokee is offered in Laredo and Limited trim levels, in 4x2 or 4x4. Three different 4WD systems are offered.
- 2005 Jeep Liberty
- Liberty freshened with new fascias, bumpers, grilles, bodyside moldings and sill moldings. Diesel engine optional on Sport and Limited models featuring a 160hp 2.8L four-cylinder turbocharged Common Rail Diesel (CRD) engine. Six speed manual transmissions replace the five-speed manuals.
- 2005 Jeep Wrangler
- Six-speed manual replaces five-speed manual.
- 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
- Six speed manual becomes standard transmission. Rubicon model with Tru-Lok(TM) diffferential and 4.11 axle added. Four-wheel disc brakes become standard.