New or Significantly Altered Models
- 2005 Kia Spectra Spectra5
- New Spectra hatchback model has a more upright wagon form along the lines of the Matrix/Vibe. Power is provided by a 138hp 2.0-liter 4 cylinder. Spectra5 has a four-wheel independent suspension. Four-wheel disc brakes and a strut-tower brace are included.
- 2005 Kia Sportage
- Sportage reappears sharing a platform with the 2005 Hyundai Tucson. Sportage will be offered in 2WD and 4WD versions. Engine choices in the US will include a 2.0L 4-cylinder and a 2.7L V6.
- 2005 Kia Amanti
- Minor package changes for the second model year
- 2005 Kia Optima
- Clear front turn signal lens. Different shade of red.
- 2005 Kia Rio
- 2005 Kia Rio Cinco
- 2005 Kia Sedona
- Larger rear disc brakes. Captain chairs available through package on LX model.
- 2005 Kia Sorento
- The 4-speed automatic is replaced by a 5-speed.
- 2005 Kia Spectra
- New SX model adopts features from the new Spectra5 model including a front spoiler, side sills, black mesh grille, stiffer suspension, front strut-tower brace, metal pedals, 16-inch wheels, and 205/50R16 tires.