New or Significantly Altered Models
- 2007 Jeep Compass
- Although based on the same platform as the new Jeep, the Compass is a radically different vehicle for Jeep to offer. Where the intent is to market the Patriot to the "trail-rated" crowd, the Compass is for on-road adventures more akin to its other platform mate, the Dodge Caliber. Offered in FWD and AWD configurations, all versions of the Compass are powered by a 172hp four-cylinder.
- 2007 Jeep Patriot
- All new small SUV based on the same platform as the Compass and Dodge Caliber. A 2.4L four-cylinder produces 172 hp. A five-speed manual is standard, and a CVT transmission is optional. Patriot comes with three drive systems: FWD, AWD, and a trail-rated AWD with a low range.
- 2007 Jeep Wrangler
- The rugged Wrangler has been updated, but it is really difficult to tell at first glance. Jeep has increased the wheelbase and length for some badly needed extra interior room, and also claims a 100% increase in bending stiffness for the new frame. A new 205-bhp 3.8L V-6 engine replaces the 4.0L I-6.
- 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
- The Wrangler lineup gains a 4-door model adding some badly needed passenger and cargo carrying capacity. The Wrangler Unlimited is powered by a 205 hp V6 and is offered with both a six-speed manual and four-speed automatic transmission. A hardtop cover will allow for winter duty.
- 2007 Jeep Commander
- Model range changed to Commander Sport, Commander Limited, and Commander Overland.
- 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- A 3.0L diesel engine will be offered for the first time.
- 2007 Jeep Liberty
- The diesel model has been dropped.